sabato 2 agosto 2014

(ENG) 8/2 1980




A clock always giving the same time 10.25
Everybody in Bologna remembers the bomb exploding at the rail station at 10.25 on August the 2nd, 1980: 85 dead, 200 injured.

My memories of that day are very clear. But at 10 years of age you immediately throw it all behind your shoulders. But even today, when I look back, my breath stops ...


Two fountains and nearly 3,000 names engraved on their edge.
This is how New York remembers the victims of 9/11 - when two planes were flown into the towers of the World Trade Center causing both of them to collapse.

Those moments are clear in my mind: I was at work, we all looked stunned, silent, unable even to assimilate the news.

Today, on vacation in NYC, I am going to the WTC Memorial to commemorate and remember all those lives shattered by hatred of men (because only the human being is capable of hating).

To all of them my thoughts.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.