giovedì 10 aprile 2014

(ENG) I run alone


I run alone. Some friends told me once " Let’s go running together" ... Er ... "No thanks , I run alone ."
Though , I'm never alone.

There's the tall, thin guy running stiffly but with no rest, back and forth along the channel, wearing a headlamp to light up his path… and in doing so, also lighting mine… thank you for that.

There are the small groups of athletes, “professional” runners, chatting away while doing their workout: an indistinct sound coming from behind and then passing me to fade into the distance.

In the afternoon it’s “elderly " running time: mostly men, white hair, wrinkled and smiling faces, skinny but strong legs.

There are girls and young women who like me, iPod in their ears, run alone with only the company of their music… I wonder if in their playlists there are also Beatles songs…

Sharing. Sharing a space and a time . This is sharing, too.

I like sharing feelings. I think every good experience, if shared, is more satisfying. Many things exist only when shared: a nice evening with friends, an achievement in a sport competition. The fulfillment of a dream, if not shared with someone else, loses a bit of its meaning.

… So then when I think about it, I do run with them … I run with cancer patients, their friends and family. I run with all the people coming to LILT everyday asking for help, counseling, and support. I run so that their numbers may decrease, so that we may be able to prevent cancer and so that no one will become ill anymore. I run to support LILT’s early diagnosis project for people in need because I need to imagine a future without cancer, for everyone.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.