mercoledì 30 aprile 2014

(ENG) Running in Central Park


At first it seems like a usual jog – the familiar thump of my sneakers, the quickening of my breath. However, when I stop to really think about it, it’s actually quite exciting. Trees and meadows and baseball fields, skyscrapers in the background, voices, birds singing, the notes of street musicians who always gather in Central Park. The colors, grass and flowers, budding trees, and blue sky ... one of the few places in New York where you can actually admire the sky ... colors , images and sounds fill the mind and imagination.




Many runners, many bikers, alongside one another, but in separate lanes on the wide roads and trails inside the park. A magical place, an island of tranquility in the midst of the gigantic metropolis. The run itself has a peaceful pace, quieter than the hustle of the New York streets, and carries on as if it were suspended in time.

 

Central Park… a place where time stops and space expands.



I think of how I am thousands of miles away from my home, yet feel so at home at the same time. I begin with my usual warm up, a slow start to acclimate my breathing. While running, nothing is different… neither the language nor the culture, the run remains the same. I wonder if my next run through the trees along the channel below San Luca will feel the same to me or if I'll have taken a little bit of Central Park with me, a little bit of New York ...


* I'm running to raise funds for the fight against cancer, if you want to run with me please visit my donation page (English at the bottom) here 






1 commento:

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.