lunedì 12 maggio 2014

(ENG) Our StraBologna: running lightly


Sunday May 11th 2014 - StraBologna

Running with me: Andrea , Adriano, Claudia , Silvia , Roberta , Anna, Sarah , Stefania , Rita , Giuliano ... they ran with me, and supported me with their love, friendship and closeness.




Why did we do it ?
To raise funds for the fight against cancer: project details here-> link

I asked them to share their feelings about the race:

Andrea describes his experience as an happy one:
"Running the Strabologna was nice.
Beside the beautiful weather, the big crowd, schoolchildren, families, groups of friends, the general cheering atmosphere, I felt I was doing something useful and important and I did it happily and with a light heart.
Thanks to the runner, we did it as a team, each of us at its own pace, together till the arrival.
My task today was to take pictures and capture this beautiful experience, and I am very happy to have contributed to Giorgia’s adventure. "

Anna has spent a good day
  
"Today was a good day! With a group of friends I ran the Strabologna alongside a dear friend, to support a great and worthy project! I was expecting a tiring and tedious morning, but it's been enjoyable and interesting. I ran (and walked, of course ......) as I thought I could never do, because I’m not trained at all and I have some bad habits ... after the race I felt good, as good as I’ve never felt before ! So here is my advice to everyone: running is good, run! It's free, it does not cause pollution, and you can do it anywhere, freely and without timetables. If you are with nice people is also a great fun! Thank Giorgia for always involving me in these initiatives and keep on going, dreams have no limits! .... 100% is just the beginning!"




Claudia feels grateful:
"I want to thank Giorgia! I followed on social meia her preparation for the Strabologna, I discovered that I like running ... But thanks especially because supporting  her fundraising campaign for LILT has allowed me to take part in this race, which has been beautiful in its simplicity. My goal was to run the whole race ... I would have never thought it would have been so nice running together! Not only for Giorgia and her cause (YEAHHH), but also seeing kids, dogs, children, adults run / walk just for the sake of sharing something, this  was really nice! I cannot wait to run 10k next year ... "
 

Giuliano on his facebook page commented on the day:
"I thought I would have been the slowest to run the race, however there were so many people that for the first few kilometers it wasn’t even possible to run. I had to walk at a pace even slower than my usual pace. Approximately 10,000 people or more, many children, total standstill traffic, only human voices instead of mechanical sounds. Walking in a city of incomparable beauty in the midst of the clamor of men and the laughter of children, meeting people who want to participate in a wheelchair, being in the middle of a great happy crowd... Yes, putting aside the usual Italian politics, you’ll discover that you live in a beautiful country that has a future."




















Roberta shares with us her personal feelings :
After taking some pictures  and besides the emotional tension , we joined the race among a river of people of people of all kinds, of all ages.
It was impossible to run so our run became a fast paced walk.
It ‘s been good believing in it, important doing it, a reason of pride accomplishing it as a team.  Everyone at their own pace, but with the mutual stimulatio
n of giving each the best of ourselves .
Our goal was not only to run the whole race, but raising funds to guarantee access to cancer prevention to people most in need. "

Silvia tells about her first Strabologna :
"Please, can you take a picture ? "  So begins my first Strabologna .
I'm glad I participated , not only because I enjoyed it a lot, overcoming my first instinct to stop at a bar and have breakfast, but because I "ran" ( more than anything else, I walked at a fast pace!) alongside Giorgia and friends from LILT .
This race was not only a personal challenge to push our limits, but above all, the challenge of being together  for a common goal, ambitious but not impossible .
This would never have been possible if I had not been encouraged by a good cause, a cause to which I am closely linked , especially on Mother's Day . This is the proof that together we can achieve goals that we would never  achieve alone.
So , let’s fight cancer together!



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.