domenica 27 luglio 2014

Travel diary: day 0

...The time has come...leaving in a few days!
Luggage is ready, everything’s planned...

I'll be landing at JFK in New York on Friday the 1st at about 2 PM...just in time to drop my bags at the apartment and then....straight to City Field for my first Giants game...LIVE!

My New York schedule is already quite busy. Besides many baseball games, on the evening of Monday 8/04 I’ll sit in on the StupidCancer Radio Show.

I was told that they have guests sit in on the show from time to time, but I consider it a real pleasure and very kind of them to allow me to assist in the taping.

Episode #318 airing on the 4th of August will be on chemicals: a very interesting topic since there is now scientific evidence of the environmental causes of cancer. Eliminating the risk of exposure to carcinogenic chemicals in homes and other environments of everyday life is an important step in the fight against cancer.

Furthermore, it is part of the mission of The Breast Cancer Fund, a nonprofit based in San Francisco which I hope to have the chance to visit when on the west coast in August.

I am really looking forward to meeting Stupid Cancer CEO and staff: their online peer to peer support to cancer patients is something we would love to bring to LILT. I’ve already discussed this idea with a LILT counselor and we are working on identifying the best plan to implement it in the future.

So you see...everything clicks into place.


...and do not forget: Fog City Run will be on August 20th in San Francisco! read here

YOU CAN DONATE HERE


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.